First Protector is a supplemental homeowners insurance program that helps insure the financial recovery of homeowners in the event of a covered loss such as flood, fire, hurricane, tornado, mudslide or involuntary job loss not typically covered by your homeowners insurance if your home becomes uninhabitable. Coverages available include:
- Mortgage Payment Protection for Disasters - Pays your monthly mortgage payment while you are displaced and the home is being repaired, for up to 2 years.
- Mortgage Balance Payoff for Disasters - Pays off any remaining mortgage balance you may have after proceeds from your homeowners policy are paid, when your home is deemed permanently uninhabitable.
- Reimbursement of Homeowners Policy Deductible - Pays your homeowners policy deductible up to $1,000, twice a year in the event of two claims.
- Mortgage Payment Protection for Involuntary Job Loss - Pays your monthly mortgage payment, or a portion thereof, for up to 6 months in the event of an involuntary job loss.
- Emergency Cash for Disasters - Provides up to $1,000 in emergency cash to cover any out-of-pocket expenses you incur when displaced from your home.
- Service Benefits for Disaster Recovery - Provides emergency communication and/or contractor service options.